This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: libopcode endian and subarch inconsistencies?
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at linux-mips dot org>
- To: "Dr. David Alan Gilbert" <dave at treblig dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 01:36:44 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: libopcode endian and subarch inconsistencies?
- References: <20120610163330.GB13988@gallifrey>
On Sun, 10 Jun 2012, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
> 2) The 'binary' target
> The 'binary' target has it's flags set as BFD_ENDIAN_UNKNOWN;
> but there again there is a comment that says it's only for
> use as output not by input; so other than ignoring that
> comment (as I did) - what's the right way to use libopcode
> to disassemble from a byte stream?
See how `objdump' drives opcodes -- it has -EB/-EL options to select the
endianness regardless of the target chosen. It can disassemble from the
"binary" target just fine.