This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: gcc, binutil linker issue
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Manish Jha <manjha at yahoo-inc dot com>
- Cc: "binutils\ at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 09:47:55 -0700
- Subject: Re: gcc, binutil linker issue
- References: <CBF7FEF8.CB6firstname.lastname@example.org>
Manish Jha <email@example.com> writes:
>>I am getting some linking error which I googled and found something a
>>gcc bug and binutils version related issue:
>>`.L796' referenced in section `.rodata' of
>>in discarded section
>>Could you please reply ASAP how to resolve it with binutil or something
This normally indicates that you are using an old version of GCC. It
indicates that a switch table in .rodata refers to code that has been
discarded. This is normally harmless, as the only thing that refers to
the switch table is itself the code that has been discarded.
It's basically a bug in GCC, and the fix is to use a newer version.