This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Patch] Improve dump of xdata/pdata for Windows x86
- From: Kai Tietz <ktietz70 at googlemail dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at gmail dot com>, Kai Tietz <ktietz at redhat dot com>, Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 17:32:00 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Improve dump of xdata/pdata for Windows x86
- References: <CDD18233-FD0E-46A5-819C-79784E57C3F9@adacore.com>
I was first confused by the subject-line :)
2012/6/5 Tristan Gingold <email@example.com>:
> while working on Windows 64 SEH info, I think it was worth improving the output of 'objdump -p':
> * exception handler and chained unwind info are now displayed
> * for chained pdata entries, the corresponding unwind info rva is now printed.
> I also made the corresponding cleanup changes in include/coff/pe.h after checking by git grep that the fields deleted weren't used.
> No regressions while cross-checking on Darwin for x86_64-pc-mingw32.
> Ok for trunk ?
The patch looks ok for me, but I can't approve it. The fields you are
removing aren't used, so we can remove them. In the intial patch
there were support of displaying scoped-exception-defintiion generated
by msc by using those fields. As we don't need them it is ok IMHO to
I add Nick for review, as I assume that Dave might be a bit inactive right now.