This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ./configure --target seems to be ignored.
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: John Darrington <john at darrington dot wattle dot id dot au>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 11:27:48 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: ./configure --target seems to be ignored.
- References: <20120603142026.GA19895@cellform.com>
On Sun, 3 Jun 2012, John Darrington wrote:
> I'm trying to build gas for a mmix target.
> I've tried configuring with various --target options. For example,
> configure --target=mmix-unknown-coff
> a.out: ELF 64-bit MSB relocatable, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped
> What am I doing wrong?
There is no COFF support for MMIX, only ELF and ELF+mmo.
Patches welcome in order to reject the invalid configuration.
Or rather, reject obviously invalid configurations in general;
rejecting a random invalid configuration wouldn't make much
sense. See gas/configure.tgt.