This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Display some optimisations when --traditional-format
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 12:01:09 -0700
- Subject: Re: Display some optimisations when --traditional-format
- References: <20120526111631.GA3086@bubble.grove.modra.org>
Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> How do you all feel about disabling string merging when ld is given
> --traditional-format? I think it's a reasonable addition to the
> option's effect, currently it disables .stab and .eh_frame
Unlike .stab and .eh_frame optimization, string merging is part of the
ELF ABI. I don't see why --traditional-format should control all of
Not that it matters very much.