This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: RFC: Displaying multibyte symbol names in readelf
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 14:34:01 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: RFC: Displaying multibyte symbol names in readelf
- References: <87fwar9mke.fsf@Gift.fritz.box> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 25 May 2012, Tom Tromey wrote:
> If we're already there, maybe at least for GNU systems we can switch out
> of it and make it all use UTF-8... ?
Multibyte symbol names generated by GCC (with -fextended-identifiers and
\u or \U UCNs in identifiers) do always use UTF-8 in the .s file. GCC
translates to the locale encoding as needed for diagnostics.
Joseph S. Myers