This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: RFC: Displaying multibyte symbol names in readelf
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 08:19:55 -0600
- Subject: Re: RFC: Displaying multibyte symbol names in readelf
- References: <87fwar9mke.fsf@Gift.fritz.box>
>>>>> "Nick" == Nick Clifton <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Nick> Does anyone have any objections or questions concerning adding such a
Nick> feature ?
Not an objection, but I think a world where symbols use the locale's
encoding is subject to all kinds of truly crazy scenarios.
Maybe we're in that world already, I don't really know. gdb studiously
avoids the issue.
If we're not in that world, then let's please not enter it.
If we're already there, maybe at least for GNU systems we can switch out
of it and make it all use UTF-8... ?