This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Binutils bug with -Wl,--relax
- From: Michael Cree <mcree at orcon dot net dot nz>
- To: Matt Turner <mattst88 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>, binutils at sourceware dot org, linux-alpha <linux-alpha at vger dot kernel dot org>, toolchain at gentoo dot org, Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 14:20:15 +1200
- Subject: Re: Binutils bug with -Wl,--relax
- References: <CAEdQ38FNECGvsADRH-_6qzv660er6-Y5b1xhYk9tJ85KL2raBQ@mail.gmail.com>
On 25/05/2012, at 2:07 PM, Matt Turner wrote:
I began testing gcc-4.7.0 today on alpha and remembered that >=gcc-4.6
cannot build itself on alpha without passing -Wl,--no-relax.
As projects are growing in code size more and more are being affected
by this bug we are also requiring a lot of use of --no-relax in the
Debian Alpha port. That gcc is now being affected by it is a real
I am prepared to assist in testing including running debugging
versions of binutils under gdb to see if we can better isolate the
problem and find a solution, but I would need guidance since I know
very little of the binutils code.