This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Binutils bug with -Wl,--relax
- From: Matt Turner <mattst88 at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, linux-alpha <linux-alpha at vger dot kernel dot org>, Michael Cree <mcree at orcon dot net dot nz>, toolchain at gentoo dot org, Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 22:07:50 -0400
- Subject: Binutils bug with -Wl,--relax
I began testing gcc-4.7.0 today on alpha and remembered that >=gcc-4.6
cannot build itself on alpha without passing -Wl,--no-relax.
We (Gentoo) have work-arounds in place for a number of large projects.
Can you offer any insight or assistance?