This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] loosen PR ld/12570 test regexps so x86_64-*-nacl* passes too
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <mcgrathr at google dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 15:41:53 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] loosen PR ld/12570 test regexps so x86_64-*-nacl* passes too
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 22 May 2012, Roland McGrath wrote:
> The issue being tested for applies to x86_64-*-nacl* targets just as well
> but the precise contents of their PLT CFI differs. This loosens the
> regexps matching the CFI so that both variants are accepted.
> Ok for trunk?
> 2012-05-22 Roland McGrath <email@example.com>
> * ld-x86-64/pr12570a.d (name): Distinguish it from pr12570b.d case.
IMHO the run_dump_test option "name" is a misfeature. It may
give a heads-up as to what *general machinery* doesn't work
right, but it forces you to look in the ld.log file for the
actual test and name of the .d file when you'd rather go
directly to this file and see what detail might go wrong.
Better not use "name" option at all and keep the default name,
that of dirname/basename of the .d file. It's usually
sufficiently descriptive and always unique.
> Loosen CFI-matching regexp so it matches x86_64-*-nacl* variant too.
> * ld-x86-64/pr12570b.d: Likewise.
> +++ b/ld/testsuite/ld-x86-64/pr12570a.d
> @@ -1,8 +1,8 @@
> -#name: PR ld/12570
> +#name: PR ld/12570 (PLT)