This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFA] leb128.h: New file.
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: dje at google dot com (Doug Evans)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 10:08:59 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA] leb128.h: New file.
- References: <20120517182920.64FAE2461B2@ruffy.mtv.corp.google.com>
email@example.com (Doug Evans) writes:
> 2012-05-17 Doug Evans <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * leb128.h: New file.
I'm not entirely sure about the use of int64_t to hold the result. Do
we want to let this interface support larger types some day? E.g.,
should the result be long long?
I'll approve this patch, but think about it.
The patch is not as portable as possible, but it will probably be OK in
practice. You should deal with any issues that arise.