This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [x86-64 psABI] RFC: Extend x86-64 psABI to support x32
- From: "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa at zytor dot com>
- To: x32-abi at googlegroups dot com
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, discuss at x86-64 dot org, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, GDB <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 10:34:09 -0700
- Subject: Re: [x86-64 psABI] RFC: Extend x86-64 psABI to support x32
- References: <CAMe9rOqE84CeCEZHxahccP2obgb50zdJWuY0z3UzWnDYn=g_4A@mail.gmail.com>
On 05/14/2012 10:31 AM, H.J. Lu wrote:
> Support for the x32 psABI:
> is added in Linux kernel 3.4-rc1. X32 uses the ILP32 model for x86-64
> instruction set with size of long and pointers == 4 bytes. X32 is
> already supported in GCC 4.7.0 and binutils 2.22. I am now working
> to integrate x32 support into GLIBC 2.16 and GDB 7.5 Here is a
> patch to extend x86-64 psABI for x32. Any comments?
As a minor nitpick, I have always used x32 with a lower case x. The
capital X32 looks odd to me.