This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: binutils write access
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: James Lemke <jwlemke at mentor dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 23:12:37 -0700
- Subject: Re: binutils write access
- References: <4FAD551C.email@example.com>
James Lemke <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I'm trying to commit PowerPC VLE support. I keep getting a msg like this:
> cvs [commit aborted]: could not open lock file
> /cvs/src/src/,ChangeLog,': Permission denied
> So it appears I don't (or no longer?) have write access. How do I fix that?
> TIA, Jim.
You are in the gcc group on gcc.gnu.org aka sourceware.org. That only
gives you write access to gcc, not the binutils. I don't know if you
ever had binutils write access in the past. What you should do know is
get a binutils maintainer to sponsor you and send a note to
email@example.com requesting binutils write access.