This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] MIPS/BFD: Handle linker garbage collection with n64 relocs
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at linux-mips dot org>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 04:35:34 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] MIPS/BFD: Handle linker garbage collection with n64 relocs
- References: <alpine.LFD.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.LFD.email@example.com> <alpine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> An alternative change would be to introduce a new macro
> RELOCS_AGAINST_DISCARDED_SECTION (note S) with the new API and
> change the old one to be a wrapper, adding the count 1 and index 0.
> ...but in the end I think it's better to avoid that and do like
> you did, if only by a little bit. Ok, maybe actually do the
> rename part; it's no longer a single reloc. Either way, an
> obvious "ok" for the CRIS change.
Well, I think it makes sense to treat a compound reloc as one, even if it
is defined as a sequence of simpler operations. It only takes just a
single reloc record in the output file too (with up to three operations