This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
[patch] MAINTAINERS: clarify policy with config/ (and other top level files)
- From: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- To: binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 13:28:02 -0400
- Subject: [patch] MAINTAINERS: clarify policy with config/ (and other top level files)
rather than copy & paste more text, just merge the existing config/ section
with the existing intl/ section. this ends up clarifying the policy with that
subdir (and top level files) that any commit made to gcc's repo is allowed to
be merged with the sourceware tree without pre-approval.
2012-04-26 Mike Frysinger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* MAINTAINERS (config/): Move to intl/ section.
(compile; depcomp; install-sh; missing; ylwrap): Likewise.
--- MAINTAINERS 12 Feb 2011 15:47:02 -0000 1.37
+++ MAINTAINERS 26 Apr 2012 17:23:37 -0000
@@ -49,7 +49,8 @@ gdb/; readline/; sim/; GDB's part of inc
See binutils/, gdb/, sid/, gcc/, libiberty/ etc.
-intl/; config.rhost; libiberty/; libiberty's part of include/
+intl/; config.rhost; libiberty/; libiberty's part of include/;
+compile; depcomp; install-sh; missing; ylwrap; config/
Changes need to be done in tandem with the official GCC
sources or submitted to the master file maintainer and brought
@@ -104,13 +105,6 @@ etc/; utils/;
Any global maintainer can approve changes to these
files and directories.
-compile; depcomp; install-sh; missing; ylwrap;
- Any global maintainer can approve changes to these
- files and directories, but they should be aware
- that they need to be kept in sync with their
- counterparts in the GCC repository.
If you understand the file format (or can cut-and-paste existing
entries), modify it. If it scares you, get someone who does