This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: 2.22.1 Possible
- From: Fred Cooke <fred dot cooke at gmail dot com>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at oarcorp dot com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 04:10:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: 2.22.1 Possible
- References: <4F97F997.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Is there any reason why such significant things didn't go into 2.22.1
and 2.22.2 and so on as they were found and resolved? (with matching
ports to trunk, of course) Is the release process quite cumbersome? or
is there a concern for flooding downstreams with too many releases? or
In any case, +1 for a patch release if there are known good tested
fixes in the branch ready and waiting.
Excuse my curiosity!
On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 3:28 AM, Mike Frysinger <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 April 2012 09:18:15 Joel Sherrill wrote:
> > Tristan you mentioned that you are not sure there will
> > be a 2.22.1. ?Does that mean 2.23 is close or that
> > you don't see enough issues to justify 2.22.1?
> fwiw, ppc32 is pretty badly hosed in the 2.22 release. ?just about every
> produced includes TEXTRELs. ?the fix for it is already in the 2.22 branch.
> hppa32 has incorrect TLS relocation behavior, and plt/ifunc behavior --
> kind of bad. ?the fixes are already in the 2.22 branch.
> s390x fails to build, but that isn't technically a regression from 2.21,
> maybe not a big deal.
> so might be nice to have a 2.22.1 release i think :).