This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [nonworking patch] gold/arm: define $a/$d markers in .plt
- From: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <mcgrathr at google dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 15:13:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: [nonworking patch] gold/arm: define $a/$d markers in .plt
- References: <email@example.com>
> A quick glance through the Symbol_table methods did not enclue me as to how
> to define multiple locals of the same name. ?Suggestions?
Currently, local symbols can come only from relocatable objects or
from globals that have been forced local.
I haven't tried this, but I think you might be able to add a method to
class Symbol_table that adds a bare Sized_symbol (that is not in the
global symbol table) to the forced_locals_ list. Then
Symbol_table::sized_finalize() will take care of adding the symbol to
the output symbol table as a local.
You might even be able to just create a new Sized_symbol and call
Symbol_table::force_local() with it.