Re: git question

Thanks for the links, Tom, and for the succinct explanation, Ian.

Doesn't anyone else find it somewhat sad that the thread titled "time
to be serious about dropping CVS" is nearly two and a half years old?

Given what you've explained about bfd/opcodes/gdb/binutils, there are
only really two ways to go, right?

1) Three repos and associated scripts to pull in and/or update the shared one
2) One repo for the three chunks that is shared across the two projects

I'd almost always favour the former approach given the choice. I
wonder, how do the people who matter on this list feel about the two
options? (In mid-2012, not historically)

Although it's going to be a lot of work to get done, the end result is
_very_ clearly worth it, and pushing it back further just hurts the
project, as a whole. Is it time to (actually) get serious about
getting serious?

Regards,

Fred.