This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [VMS/committed]: Set extension to archive member
- From: Douglas B Rupp <rupp at gnat dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 09:23:30 -0700
- Subject: Re: [VMS/committed]: Set extension to archive member
- References: <2FDC53D8-39B6-41C9-9DEC-4C263D03CCE7@adacore.com>
On 4/17/2012 3:50 AM, Tristan Gingold wrote:
VMS archives member names doesn't have extension (only the 'basename' is stored).
But this is not the usual convention for ar, and some tools (libtool) expect that extracted
members of an archive to have the standard object extension.
This patch implements this behaviour, thus making VMS archives more UNIX friendly.
Committed on trunk.
So if one inserts a .o, it extracts as a .obj?