Re: git question

>>>>> "Fred" == Fred Cooke <fred.cooke@gmail.com> writes:

Fred> I have a simpler question, though: When does binutils complete the
Fred> migration to git and get rid of CVS for good?

There have been a lot of discussions about this, consult the archives.
The blocking issue seems to be finding a person with the motivation and
stamina to do it.

Fred> As long as git is still secondary and lagging the CVS repo, it feels
Fred> wrong to bother using it when you might miss the latest commits. What
Fred> is the official process through which commits get translated/updated?
Fred> Maybe it's automated and on a hook and my fears are unfounded?

It is automated.  IIRC updates are done every half hour.
In practice, at least for gdb (but I assume also for binutils) this is
frequent enough.

Tom