This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Committed: fix ld/configure.tgt for mips*-freebsd*
- From: Robert Millan <rmh at gnu dot org>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 16:38:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: Committed: fix ld/configure.tgt for mips*-freebsd*
- References: <201203050412.q254CVnk020761@ignucius.se.axis.com>
El 5 de marÃ de 2012 5:12, Hans-Peter Nilsson
<firstname.lastname@example.org> ha escrit:
> This change apparently lacked sufficient testing.
The purpose of my patchset was adding support for GNU/kFreeBSD on
MIPS. I figured it'd be nice to also add support for our sister,
FreeBSD on MIPS, while at it, so I included my guess on what would be
necessary for that platform.
Of course, I could have just submitted support for GNU/kFreeBSD on
MIPS while ignoring FreeBSD, but in my book that'd have been bad
etiquette. I wouldn't do that unless explicitly asked to.
Btw, FTR, kFreeBSD is just an abbreviation for "kernel of FreeBSD",
it's not a project on its own.