This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: gold RELRO section detection on Sparc
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Cc: iant at google dot com
- Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 22:51:11 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: gold RELRO section detection on Sparc
- References: <email@example.com>
From: David Miller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 22:31:47 -0400 (EDT)
> Output_segment::is_first_section_relro() iterates over the orders
> trying to determine if the first data section other than the TLS
> section is RELRO.
> Can I just add "i == static_cast<i>ORDER_PLT" to the exceptions there
> and update the associated comment?
> Alternatively, why don't we just start the loop at ORDER_RELRO_LOCAL?
Nevermind, I see what's going on here, the ORDER_* and
Layout::default_section_order() bits that are emulating the elf.sc
linker script doesn't handle cases like Sparc that need the PLT in the
data section after the relro bits.
Ian, any suggestions?