This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
bfd Mach-O DWARF debugging support
- From: Albert Zeyer <albzey at googlemail dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 05:13:17 +0200
- Subject: bfd Mach-O DWARF debugging support
I was wondering about the current state of the Mach-O DWARF debugging
support. I saw some patches recently which implemented
`bfd_mach_o_find_nearest_line` (that is mostly what I am interested
I have a binary which was build via `gcc -gdwarf-2` (Apples GCC).
I tried binutils-2.22.52 but it doesn't really work for me. I tried to
debug it a bit. Some things I can say so far:
* `objdump -g` doesn't output anything regarding debugging info.
* In bfd/dwarf2.c, in find_line(), _bfd_dwarf2_slurp_debug_info returns false.
* In _bfd_dwarf2_slurp_debug_info(), find_debug_info returns false.
* `objdump -h` doesn't list any debug section.
When I use `dsymutil` to generate a dSYM from my binary,
Can somebody give some hints wether it should work or about the current state?