This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Linking EFI applications with x86_64-pc-mingw32-ld
- From: NightStrike <nightstrike at gmail dot com>
- To: Shea Levy <shea at shealevy dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 15:18:49 -0400
- Subject: Re: Linking EFI applications with x86_64-pc-mingw32-ld
- References: <4F79ABBF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Shea Levy <email@example.com> wrote:
> Can x86_64-pc-mingw32-ld be used to link COFF objects into EFI applications?
> x86_64-pc-mingw32-objdump works on EFI applications and even recognizes the
> Subsystem value in the header as corresponding to an EFI app, so I'm hoping
> so, but I'm not sure how to change my ld invocation to not build a win32
> console app.
> Shea Levy
I don't know the answer to your question, but at the very least, you
should try using the x86_64-w64-mingw32 target. Notice that the
middle part of the triplet is not -pc-.