Re: XGATE bfd support.

Thank you Nick for taking the time to review the patch. I believe that I have addressed your concerns in the attached files.

>It helps a bit. But it also has its own problems. For example, the patched sources cannot be built because of missing files (eg include/elf/xgate.h).

I've broken the patch down to make the review process more convenient(one patch for each section of Binutils). When all of these sub-patches are applied you should have a build-able and complete XGATE port.

> Still here are a couple of comments from visually reviewing the patch:

I went though all of my files and made the appropriate changes. C++ style comments have been replaced with the correct C style comments. The PARAMS macro has been dropped and I omitted auto-generated files.

I applied the patch and then ran though the motions that create the auto-generated files and all seems well.

> The code itself looks fine. It would appear that the XGATE architecture is reasonably straightforward, so you have not been forced to leap through too many hoops in the bfd code.

Yes, it's nothing exotic by any means.

Thanks,
Sean