This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: RFA: consolidate DWARF strings into libiberty
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:48:49 -0400
- Subject: Re: RFA: consolidate DWARF strings into libiberty
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <201203151833.q2FIXeOs003077__40387.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Finally, there is already stuff in libiberty not related to
> portability. E.g., hashtab or the demangler.
Yeah, I know, hence my "Should I give up that premise?"
> I guess I can just put the whole DW_TAG_ prefix in there. That
> isn't a big deal. Or if you have some other suggestion, I can
> implement it.
If the macros always prepend something to it, it should be safe
enough, despite technically violating the spirit of the rule. I have
no other suggestions.
But given you've already had the issue with "and", you're already
seeing problems anyway, so maybe that's a sign that it's not actually
"safe enough" ?