This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: new linker option for shared library COMDAT optimization
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 09:58:56 +1030
- Subject: Re: PATCH: new linker option for shared library COMDAT optimization
- Authentication-results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of firstname.lastname@example.org designates 10.68.239.6 as permitted sender) email@example.com; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <4F3E9F3F.email@example.com> <20120220234019.GI3678@bubble.grove.modra.org> <4F4E6D12.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 11:23:14AM -0700, Sandra Loosemore wrote:
> Would it suffice for the purposes of the current patch to add a bit
> to the documentation for --shared-comdat explaining that it requires
> that the comdat symbols have default (exported) visibility in the
> shared library, and that this may require changes to how the library
> is built?
> Perhaps as a
> less-strict version of what I have now, I could require that the
> shared library provide definitions for only the comdat symbols that
> are referenced, instead of all of them?
Yes, I think we could go ahead with these two changes.
Australia Development Lab, IBM