This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Possible to turn of section merging?
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Himanshu Chauhan <hschauhan at nulltrace dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 10:45:22 +1030
- Subject: Re: Possible to turn of section merging?
- Authentication-results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of firstname.lastname@example.org designates 10.68.130.131 as permitted sender) email@example.com; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <20120227125801.GA3395@ubuntu.ubuntu-domain>
On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 06:28:02PM +0530, Himanshu Chauhan wrote:
> I trying to make a .bss like section (.bootstrap.bss)
> in my start.S.
Are you sure this is a ld problem? ie. Have you looked at start.o and
verified that it is using .bootstrap.bss?
If you post a full self-contained testcase rather than just a linker
script, I'll take a look.
Australia Development Lab, IBM