This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC PATCH] .bundle_align_mode
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <mcgrathr at google dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 15:05:03 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH] .bundle_align_mode
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On the subject of alignment vs relaxing, look at the rx-elf linker. I
had to add TWO relocs for each alignment gap, one for the "before the
gap" and one for the "after the gap" marks, and deal with them specially
in the linker during relaxation. That way, you know when relaxation has
opened the gap enough to redo the alignment.
Also, for rx and rl78, any relaxable insn gets is own frag all to itself
anyway. I haven't noticed any performance issues.