This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Weird error cross-compiling glibc with binutils 2.22 or head
- From: John Reiser <jreiser at bitwagon dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 17:31:01 -0800
- Subject: Re: Weird error cross-compiling glibc with binutils 2.22 or head
- References: <0d51763ebe71ff5ddb7a9c241dce9a10.squirrel@localhost>
> I have no idea where that is coming from: it's not in any of the makefiles
> for binutils, glibc, or gcc, it's not in my host toolchain - and it
> doesn't happen on PPC.
Could it be part of the default linker script?
$ ld --verbose <linker_flags_but_no_filenames> > default_script.lds
Look in default_script.lds.
If not in the default linker script, then apply the "biggest hammer":
$ strace -f -o strace.out -e trace=open <<failing_command_and_args>>
Look at strace.out to see the complete list of files that were open()ed.
The text _must_ be in one of those files, so apply 'grep', etc.
Other arguments to strace might help, too. See the manual page, particularly
"-s strsize -e trace=read".