This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: PR ld/13616: linker should pad executable sections with nops, not zeros
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:44:02 +1030
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR ld/13616: linker should pad executable sections with nops, not zeros
- References: <20120126193540.GA4071@intel.com>
On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 11:35:40AM -0800, H.J. Lu wrote:
> Linker pads text sections with nop via linker script. It doesn't work
> on orphaned sections. This patch adds a fill function to bfd_arch_info
> so that each arch can provide appropriate no-op sequence based on size
> and endian. I added x86 fill function and the default fill function
> keeps existing behavior. I also changed the x86 ELF linkers to use x86
> fill function instead of fixed no-op. OK to install?
OK. Bump bfd version to 2.22.52 (bfd/configure.in:AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE).
Australia Development Lab, IBM