This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFC] PR ld/13621
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 13:56:26 +1030
- Subject: Re: [RFC] PR ld/13621
- References: <4F25EAD1.email@example.com>
On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 11:56:49AM +1100, Richard Henderson wrote:
> This PR is about elflint warning about symbols outside of the section
> with which they are associated.
Huh. So what's wrong with a symbol belonging to a section but defined
outside of 0..section_size-1? Particularly if it happens to be
defined at section_size. That's quite a natural way to mark out the
bounds of an array. I think this is just elflint being silly.
Australia Development Lab, IBM