This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Initial MIPS patch for GOLD - version 3
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Aleksandar Simeonov <Aleksandar dot Simeonov at RT-RK dot com>
- Cc: "Fuhler\, Rich" <rich at mips dot com>, mips-compiler at rt-rk dot com, binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 17:54:47 -0800
- Subject: Re: Initial MIPS patch for GOLD - version 3
- References: <4F1ED098.2060508@RT-RK.com>
Aleksandar Simeonov <Aleksandar.Simeonov@RT-RK.com> writes:
> * reloc.cc (Sized_relobj_file<size, big_endian>::write_sections): Special
> handling of MIPS .reginfo section.
> - .reginfo section is generated by linker and needs special handling.
I haven't thought about everything, but I can see that this patch is not
going to work as is. It will fail when linking a non-MIPS object which
happens to have a section type == SHT_MIPS_REGINFO. We can't use
processor-specific values like SHT_MIPS_REGINFO outside of the CPU.cc
> * layout.cc (Layout::segment_precedes): Fixed order of MIPS specific
> - MIPS needs to have PT_MIPS_REGINFO segment before any loadable segment.
This is similarly troubling, though probably less serious.
> - MIPS needs to have PT_NULL segment to be last in list of segments.
Why would we ever have a PT_NULL segment?