Re: Initial MIPS patch for GOLD - version 3

Aleksandar Simeonov <Aleksandar.Simeonov@RT-RK.com> writes:

> * reloc.cc (Sized_relobj_file<size, big_endian>::write_sections): Special
> handling of MIPS .reginfo section.
> - .reginfo section is generated by linker and needs special handling.

I haven't thought about everything, but I can see that this patch is not
going to work as is.  It will fail when linking a non-MIPS object which
happens to have a section type == SHT_MIPS_REGINFO.  We can't use
processor-specific values like SHT_MIPS_REGINFO outside of the CPU.cc
file.

> * layout.cc (Layout::segment_precedes): Fixed order of MIPS specific
> segments.
> - MIPS needs to have PT_MIPS_REGINFO segment before any loadable segment.

This is similarly troubling, though probably less serious.

> - MIPS needs to have PT_NULL segment to be last in list of segments.

Why would we ever have a PT_NULL segment?

Ian