This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Mixing libraries for different architectures into a shared lib
- From: Erik Leunissen <e dot leunissen at hccnet dot nl>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 02:37:18 +0100
- Subject: Re: Mixing libraries for different architectures into a shared lib
- References: <4F1A052D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
A variation on this theme (ELF format presumed):
Is it possible to link a 32-bit (i686) object file into a shared lib for
a 64-bit (x86_64) target, which otherwise consists of code from 64-bit
object files (x86_64)?
Will it load (on a x86_64 architecture)?
Will it run when loaded (likewise)?