This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] initial i386-nacl target support for gas
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <mcgrathr at google dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, David Sehr <sehr at google dot com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 15:37:11 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] initial i386-nacl target support for gas
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Roland McGrath <email@example.com> wrote:
> This patch adds initial support for the i386-nacl target to gas. ?It's
> already supported in BFD. ?This is not everything that's needed to be
> actually useful for building Native Client binaries, but it's a start.
> I cleaned up md_section_align to use "if (constant)" instead of #if for
> its sometimes-used code. ?This is generally good practice that reduces
> chances of bit rot in the code not used in many configurations, and it
> also makes it easier and cleaner for a te-*.h file like mine to enable
> this code.
Can you change linker to pad text section with nops?