This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [rfc v2][1/3] Remote core file generation: BFD support
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: amodra at gmail dot com (Alan Modra)
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 11:02:28 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [rfc v2][1/3] Remote core file generation: BFD support
Alan Modra wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 08:46:25PM +0100, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> > * elf.c (elfcore_write_prpsinfo): Provide unconditionally.
> > Return NULL if core file generation is unsupported.
> > (elfcore_write_prstatus): Likewise.
> > * elf32-arm.c (elf32_arm_nabi_write_core_note): New function.
> > (elf_backend_write_core_note): Define.
> > * elf32-ppc.c (ppc_elf_write_core_note): Always zero out all
> > unused parts of generated note section.
> > * elf64-ppc.c (ppc64_elf_write_core_note): Likewise.
I've now checked in the remaining parts of this patch. Sorry for
the delay; the hold-up was due to revisions on the GDB parts of
the patch series ...
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE