This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ld linker script and non-contiguous memory region
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Taortan Development <taortan_dev at yahoo dot se>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 08:33:57 +1030
- Subject: Re: ld linker script and non-contiguous memory region
- References: <1326725162.97799.YahooMailNeo@web132404.mail.ird.yahoo.com> <1326725600.29429.YahooMailNeo@web132406.mail.ird.yahoo.com>
On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 02:53:20PM +0000, Taortan Development wrote:
> I could for example define the memory as two regions (starting at 0x0 length 8K and 0x3000 length 4K) instead,
> but then I would have to manually place code from different object files/sections into the two regions to fill it optimally (?).
> Is there a way to make the linker take care of this for me?
Not apart from writing code to implement this feature.
Australia Development Lab, IBM