This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ar mishandles files bigger than 2GB
- From: nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 19:02:55 +0000
- Subject: Re: ar mishandles files bigger than 2GB
- References: <alpine.DEB.email@example.com>
I created a bug concerning this issue (#652887) but my understanding is
that patches should be sent here for discussion and to get them applied.
I apologize if I'm mistaken.
Not, that is correct.
bfd: Fix writing the size of 2+GB elements in the archive.
Approved - please apply - but, please could you create a slightly more
verbose ChangeLog entry. Ie mention the files affected and the changes
made to each file.