This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: gold linker 2.22 regressed for DragonFly [revised testsuite results]
On 1/5/2012 7:31 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
2. ver_matching_test.sh: __bss_start not local, rtld issue? real issue? (failed on v2.21 too)
Hard to understand why this would fail. The __bss_start symbol is
defined automatically by the linker itself.
ok. I thought I remembered seeing references to __bss_start in rtld
code, so I suspected rtld was the culprit.
3. exception_static_test: likely real problem. gdb log attached
My first guess would be that DragonFly does not support dl_iterate_phdr,
or that it does not work correctly for statically linked executables.
That's just a guess, though.
I brought in dl_iterate_phdr support to dragonfly (system compiler is
4.4.7 snapshot, 2011-10-25), and it appears to be working although maybe
in the case of statically linked executables it's not. What handles the
latter? Is that an rtld thing?
4. intpri2: likely real problem. gdb log attached
This is almost certainly the same issue as the --no-ctors-in-init-array
issue: DragonFly does not suppor DT_INIT_ARRAY.
If I wanted to add DT_INIT_ARRAY support to DragonFly, what component
needs to be updated? again rtld?
5. relro_test: no relro support in rtld, ignore
6. relro_now_test: no relro support in rtld, ignore
7. relro_strip_test: no relro support in rtld, ignore
Yeah, if the dynamic linker does not handle relro, then these tests are
expected to fail.
As far as I can tell, no BSD supports relro and it seems to be of
limited value so I don't suspect this will change any time soon.