This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Patch mach-o/GAS 1/3] support mach-o symbol qualifiers.
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Iain Sandoe <developer at sandoe-acoustics dot co dot uk>
- Cc: binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 12:29:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch mach-o/GAS 1/3] support mach-o symbol qualifiers.
- References: <EC36CF68-A13A-41A3-B042-5878213B14CF@sandoe-acoustics.co.uk>
On Dec 30, 2011, at 9:23 PM, Iain Sandoe wrote:
> this patch-set provides support for the mach-o symbol qualifiers (.weak_reference, .private_extern &c.).
> It makes most sense to apply the patch on top of  which provides the necessary support for the indirect symbols (although this patch will work without - the binaries would be non-conforming).
> We try to intercept error conditions as early as possible (in the qualifier or frob_label code) so that we can give a better diagnostic. However, final checks on compatibility of multiple qualifiers and defined/undefined are sometimes only feasible from frob_symbol.
> The second patch in the set provides tests that work when this patch is applied in isolation.
> The third patch provides tests of the indirect symbol functionality that requires .
> One should note that with this (and ) we are making fairly heavy use of the udata field in the bfd symbol.
Please give me more time for this one. I really need to study obj_mach_o_make_indirect_symbol.