This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: Error while using Linker Relaxation
- From: "Kaushik, Praveen_Kumar" <Praveen_Kumar dot Kaushi at atmel dot com>
- To: "Alan Modra" <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "Kaushik, Praveen_Kumar" <Praveen_Kumar dot Kaushi at atmel dot com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 14:15:42 +0800
- Subject: RE: Error while using Linker Relaxation
- References: <20111208221447.GD10960@bubble.grove.modra.org>
Sorry for replying late!
First, I am using AVR32 target not AVR, these two are totally different
ones. The avr32 target is not yet upstreamed. I can send you the patches
if you want.
Second, changing the size allocated back to greater of sec->size and
sec->rawsize, and building binutils again solves the problem. I have few
.o files I can send that as well if you want.
Thanks and Regards,
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alan Modra [mailto:email@example.com]
> Sent: Friday, December 09, 2011 3:45 AM
> To: Kaushik, Praveen_Kumar
> Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: Re: Error while using Linker Relaxation
> On Thu, Dec 08, 2011 at 07:13:19PM +0800, Kaushik, Praveen_Kumar
> > I am using avr32 target. Is this change in the buffer length
> I thought so when I made the change, and haven't seen anything to make
> me think otherwise. If you post a small testcase (.s or .o files, not
> .c) I'll take a look. Most likely there is a bug in the avr backend.
> Alan Modra
> Australia Development Lab, IBM