This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] GNU_AR_DETERMINISTIC env var, --enable-deterministic-archives
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Roland McGrath <mcgrathr at google dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 06:51:49 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] GNU_AR_DETERMINISTIC env var, --enable-deterministic-archives
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4EE7534D.email@example.com>
nick clifton <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I appreciate that the main thrust of this change is to make
> reproducible builds possible without having to do a lot of work
> changing package build scripts. But I think that that is a poor
> reason to introduce a debugging nightmare like this.
What about putting a shell script version of ar first on PATH? Are
there many programs that pull ar out of some magic location rather than
simply using PATH?