This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: unintentional license change for texi docs?
- From: nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Matthias Klose <doko at debian dot org>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 16:05:41 +0000
- Subject: Re: unintentional license change for texi docs?
- References: <4EDE0D52.email@example.com>
A Debian developer pointer out in http://bugs.debian.org/650504, that the
license for some of the bfd documentation was changed back in 2007 as part of a
cleanup, but adding the front and back cover texts.
Use @copying around copyright notices
The changelog doesn't mention this. If this was unintentional, could this be
reverted (both on the branch and the trunk)? It would help Debian to distribute
the documentation in the main section of the archive.
Sorry - the change was intentional. It is the changelog entry that is
wrong. It should have also said that front and back cover texts were
being added as well.