This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ARM registers, documentation.
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Dave Pawson <dave dot pawson at gmail dot com>
- Cc: bin-utils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "paul at codesourcery dot com" <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 15:36:35 +0000
- Subject: Re: ARM registers, documentation.
- References: <CAEncD4cb6jYOubx796jQ5=JNKzmkxCi7Vfn15f-9ixNa2xkG1Q@mail.gmail.com>
On 07/12/11 10:40, Dave Pawson wrote:
> Looking for information in
> I dug it out for my own purposes.
> I'm told the source is \texi, I've authored in xml docbook.
> Hence text below is from the html.
> HTH DaveP
> VFP Status Registers
> Floating Point System ID register (FPSID)
> Floating-Point Status and Control Register, (FPSCR)
> Floating-Point Exception Register, (FPEXC)
> Floating-Point Instruction Register, (FPINST)
> Floating-Point Instruction Register 2, (FPINST2).
> VFP working registers (extension registers)
I question why the documentation needs even this level of detail. You're not going to be able to
duplicate all the assembly instructions, so whatever you write is going to be incomplete. I suggest
you concentrate on documenting only those areas where the tools deviate from 'standard' behaviour.