This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch] ld --gc-sections for COFF, 2nd try
- From: xunxun <xunxun1982 at gmail dot com>
- To: jml at hanne dot name
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 16:07:19 +0800
- Subject: Re: [patch] ld --gc-sections for COFF, 2nd try
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
ä 2011/11/30 14:57, Johann Hanne åé:
Hi,Yours and Shinji Igarashi <mailto:email@example.com>'s patch is
good for static lib build, but have something wrong for dll build.
some time ago I put a patch implementing --gc-sections for COFF to
http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=11539 . A few people
commented that it is useful for them, so I wonder if there is a chance
that it gets into trunk. It might need some more work, but I'd like to
know if there are some major roadblocks to it before I spend more time
When I keep all eh_frame section, some dll builds are successful, but
others don't work.