This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] fix gas/gcc incompatibility regression on sparc (PR gas/13441)
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: mikpe at it dot uu dot se
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 16:49:22 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] fix gas/gcc incompatibility regression on sparc (PR gas/13441)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Mikael Pettersson <email@example.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 21:25:15 +0100
> Before that change gas did not require any explicit option to
> accept instructions for later architecture revisions; it would
> however record the minimum architecture revision needed by the
> translation unit.
Let's not go back in time.
We've made changes to gcc such that it, f.e., adds -Av8 when it
wants to use hw multiply and divide instructions.