This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Preventing dynamic loader from replacing code
- From: Wayne Johnson <wdtj at yahoo dot com>
- To: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 10:06:22 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Preventing dynamic loader from replacing code
- References: <1321984473.85321.YahooMailNeo@web162006.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>
- Reply-to: Wayne Johnson <wdtj at yahoo dot com>
I am creating a module to load with an Apache web server on Linux.? The module uses PCRE to process some regular expressions.? I static link PCRE into the module to make sure it has the right version of PCRE.? The problem is that when Apache loads the module, it replaces my copy of PCRE with the one Apache has loaded.? Unfortunately the Apache one is incompatible.??
On Solaris, I used the -Breduce option to hide the PCRE sections from the dynamic linker.? Is there an similar way to do this with the GNU linker?? Any other ideas?