This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [MIPS] Add saa and saad instructions for octeon
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <andrew dot pinski at caviumnetworks dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 17:11:30 +0000
- Subject: Re: [MIPS] Add saa and saad instructions for octeon
- References: <CA+=Sn1kS8sXEruNH8vg1N538R1Q6OpgZRwAZKBkZym6y-OWpyg@mail.gmail.com>
Andrew Pinski <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> This patch adds the saa and saad instructions for Octeon. They are
> not part of the original Octeon but are part of the Octeon+. We at
> Cavium don't feel the need to add a new arch for it since this is the
> only difference instruction wise and the original Octeon is no longer
> in production.
I think it's still worth having a separate CPU name for it.