This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, MIPS] Fix typo in N64 PLT stub
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim at codesourcery dot com>, <binutils at sourceware dot org>, <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 11:40:14 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, MIPS] Fix typo in N64 PLT stub
- References: <C6BB6EDD-B74B-4403-BBA2-7098AAB7CFCC@codesourcery.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> > Now, I imagine you would ask why is there a 64-bit address in the PLT
> > resolver that only works with 32-bit symbols (aka -msym32).
> Nah :-) The PLT's obviously wrong. Probably a pasto from the n32 version.
> Patch is OK, thanks. Branch too please, although Tristan plans to
> release 2.22 this coming week.
For the avoidance of someone's future confusion -- yes, we all know these
subtle details, but there are mere mortals out there too ;) -- I'd suggest
updating the comment like:
# 32-bit move (addu)
# 64-bit move (daddu)
or maybe even:
# 32-bit move (addu $15, $31, $0)
# 64-bit move (daddu $15, $31, $0)
What do you think?