This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] MIPS/GAS: Fix branch swapping with relaxed macros
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Meador Inge <meadori at codesourcery dot com>, Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 11:03:28 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] MIPS/GAS: Fix branch swapping with relaxed macros
- References: <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sorry for the delay, been away. Hope to get to the other patches soon,
but as for the ones relevant to the branch.
"Maciej W. Rozycki" <email@example.com> writes:
> I had to add the #pass (which as you may know I'm a bit opposed to) at
> the end of the MIPS16 test case as MIPS16 code uses odd alignment rules --
> apparently twice the amount used for standard or microMIPS code (not sure
> where it comes from offhand) -- and then pads with the 0x6500 16-byte NOP
> opcode. Perhaps we could use:
> .align 4
> .space 16
> to deal with that, but let's keep the change as it is for now; I'll have a
> more systematic look into it as my time permits to see if that's worth the
> hassle in the first place.
I wouldn't bother. As you know, I generally prefer #pass to alignment
Patch is OK, thanks.